The big ratings of the latest season of MasterChef Australia is just one of the many success stories at 10 so far in 2020. In the first six months, Network 10 achieved its biggest first-half commercial shares in nine years, capturing its highest share of total viewers and viewers aged under 50 and in the key demographics of 25 to 54s, 16 to 39s and 18 to 49s since 2011. Want more stats? We got them.
- Across weeks 1 to 26 this year, we had the biggest growth of any network or channel. Network 10 grew 18% and Channel 10 grew 19% year-on-year.
- 10 Bold was up 19% in the first half (the biggest audience increase of any commercial multi-channel) and 10 Peach was up 13%. 10 Bold was the #1 commercial multi-channel in total people and #1 in its target market of over 40s and 10 Peach was #1 in its target market of 16 to 39s.
- We had five of the top 10 shows in under 50s, 25 to 54s, 16 to 39s and 18 to 49s – more than any other network.
- MasterChef Australia ended its run this week with the biggest audience since 2016 and up 43% on its average last year. The Winner Announced grabbed 2 million viewers nationally – the biggest result since 2016 – and is the #1 non-sport show of 2020. The Winner Announced on Monday night this week gave us our biggest prime time audience since 26 October 2017.
- Australian Survivor: All Stars lifted 10’s audience in its timeslot by 49% compared to 2019.
- Have You Been Paying Attention? was up 9% in the first half compared to its 2019 average. It also achieved its biggest season launch ever.
- I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! was up 8% compared to its 2019 season, achieving its highest commercial share ever.
- The Project was up 25% compared to its 2019 average and achieved its biggest audience since 2017.
- The Sunday Project was up 30% compared to its 2019 average and achieved its biggest audience ever.
- Ambulance Australia was up 16% compared to its 2019 average and achieved its biggest audience since 2018.
- 10 News First was up 15% compared to its 2019 average and achieved its biggest audience since 2017.
- Gogglebox Australia was up 8% compared to its 2019 average and achieved its biggest audience since October 2017.
- How To Stay Married was up 13% compared to its season one average in 2018.
- Hughesy, We Have A Problem was up 11% compared to its 2019 average.
- 10 Play broke its own records, with total minutes viewed up 25% in the first half, total live streamed viewed up 199% and total unique visitors up 22%.
- In the first half, three shows achieved their biggest BVOD audiences ever: MasterChef Australia, I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! and Australian Survivor: All Stars.
Source: OzTAM, Weeks 1-26 2020 vs. 2019, Consolidated 7, 6pm to 10.30pm, OzTAM National VPM, Regional TAM, Combined Aggregate Markets, Adobe Analytics video unique visitors